8/20/2012

Fall Training Week 3 and 4: Bummer, but I'm not giving up yet.

For the week of 2012-08-06 (70.3 training week 14/20 and DM week 2/19)

Here are the highlights (so to speak):

Monday: decent swim in the morning and fantastic run after work.  Despite the 100+ temp, I felt like I was flying: 6 miles like nothing.
Tuesday: tough but satisfying swim in the morning and a evening brick consisting of the spinner bike at the gym, and a grind it out 4 mile run/jog.  My left Achilles felt like it was sore / tight...or something...
Wednesday: decent swim in the morning and then disaster struck after work.  I headed out to run 6, but felt something off in my left heel.  I cut the route short but ended up walking 2 out 4 miles with a good deal of pain in my left heel.  Great...this was after having issues with my right heel back in June.
Thursday: rest
Friday: swim, then a spin and gym after work.  I wanted to see what it felt like to pedal a bike, and it actually loosened up my heel a bit, but after walking around the gym for 45 minutes it was tight and a little painful again.
Saturday: Very long solo bike ride.  No issues with my heel / Achilles while riding...hmmm...
Sunday: short ride and weights.

For the week of 2012-08-13 (70.3 training week 15/20 and DM week 3/19)

Monday: morning swim
Tuesday: morning swim and evening gym
Wednesday: morning swim, evening spin + gym
Thursday: morning swim, evening spin
Friday: rest
Saturday: morning spin + swim, evening gym
Sunday: solo ride

Thought for this week.  No running, but my heel is feeling better.  I will not injure myself again!  I may try to run / jog a bit next week.  I had better get healthy...I'm turning in to a gym rat ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment