8/26/2012

Fall Training: I'm back....

For the week of 2012-08-20:

4 hours swimming
4:30 hours of cycling for 79 miles
3:09 hours of running* for 20 miles
0:00 hours of weights
0:30 hours of stretching in a single session (kind of like yoga, but really lazy yoga)

*counting walking between running intervals, but not walking to work.

This week I managed to walk to work and home to lunch every day, do 3 run/walk interval sessions during the week...and....run 12.2 miles on Saturday!  Talking a week and a half off of running is not easy to do, but I think it really paid off since I was able to finish a long run on Saturday with no walking.

Now...what to do next week?  I really want to run DM, and following the schedule I have, this week would consist of a total of 39 miles.  That's a 100% increase, and that's just too much.  Soooo...let's go for 25 up from 20.  I big jump, but I don't plan to scale like this every week.  Let's go with:

Monday: no run
Tuesday: 2-3 base miles
Wednesday: 7 miles (possibly the Prairie Creek hill Run)
Thursday: 2-3 base miles.
Friday: no run
Saturday/Sunday: 13 total miles.

What about cycling and running?  We'll see...we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment